Merlin Open Systems will control and manage its activities to ensure risks to the health, safety and welfare of its employees, customers and the general public are identified and action taken to minimise or eliminate their effects.
Adverse effects of operational activities on the environment will be minimised as far as practicable.
The objectives of the policy are:
- To comply with its legal obligations under all applicable Health, Safety, Welfare and Environmental Protection legislation, together with all other applicable statutory provisions and relevant codes of practice.
- To promote health, safety and environmental awareness throughout the organisation.
- To maintain a safe and healthy working environment for its employees, with adequate facilities appropriate to the nature of the business activities.
- To minimise the social impact of the company activities and avoid damage to the environment through regular reviews of the business from environmental and management systems audits.
- To undertake environmental impact studies as part of any company relocation or enlargement of existing facilities.